north east gay scene middlesbrough

Civil Partnerships



In the UK same-sex couples can have their relationships legally recognised as a Civil Partnership which gives you the same legal rights as any married couple - see the government website here.

In order to form a civil partnership you must first give notice of your plans.

This involves letting a registration office know about your intention to register a civil partnership. Once you've done that, notices are publicised by the registration authority for a period of 15 days, similar to marriage notices.

A civil partnership can be formed in England and Wales at register offices or other approved locations. You can get a list of approved places from your local council.



Wedding Planners

Get help organising your big day with a wedding planner!


A wedding planner is a professional who assists with the design, planning and management of a client's wedding. See our guide to wedding planners for more info.


Wedding Venues

A comprehensive guide to the best wedding venues.

Picking the right venue is one if the most important parts of planning a wedding. Hopefully our complete venue guide will help you find the perfect place!